On Friday March 18th, 2020 Governor Pritzker issued a Shelter in Place order for the State of Illinois.
With everyone's safety in mind, our practice, doctors and staff are following CDC guidelines. Through the advice of the AAO, the American Academy of Ophthalmology, we have only been seeing urgent and emergent patients while practicing safe protocols for everyone.
Illinois is now in Phase 2 of re-opening. We will continue to see urgent and emergent patients until we are able to see patients for routine exams. If you are having any problems, please call the office so we can get you in to see one of our doctors. We are now offering phone or video evalutions as well.
Before coming to the office, we are asking everyone the following questions...
1. How are you feeling? Have you been sick?
2. Have you had a fever (100.4 or more)?
3. Have you had any nausea, vomiting or diarrhea?
4. Do you have a cough, shortness of breath or a sore throat?
5. Are you experiencing a loss of taste or smell?
6. Has anyone in your household had a fever, been sick or tested positive for COVID-19 within the last 14 days?
7. Have you been out of the state?
If you can answer yes to any of these questions, please do not come to the office. Please call us so we can reschedule your appointment.
The day of your appointment, please take your temperature at home. If over 100 please reschedule and call your PCP.
Please wear a face mask when you come to the office. Please practice the 6 foot social distancing rule.
We request that only the patient come into the office. All others please wait in your car.
We know that this is a very trying time for everyone. Together we will get through this. Please stay safe.
As always, any concerns, please call us at 630-963-3937.
The Doctors and Staff of DuPage Eye Center